Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Easy and Healthy Snack



I realize that there are numerous health benefits of plain yogurt including being a rich source of calcium, an immunity booster, and a balanced source of protein, fats, carbohydrates, and minerals. But I have never been able to bring myself to partake. Until now. Thanks to the brilliant idea of someone on television, on a show that I cannot recall, I have a new healthy low-fat snack. The directions are simple: Measure 1/2 cup of low-fat, plain yogurt into serving dish. Sprinkle sugar-free Jello, about 1 tbsp or to taste on top, and mix together. Voila! You have a healthy and inexpensive version of flavored yogurt!



2 comments:

Tringali Family said...

That sounds good, I need something new to snack on...thanks!!!

Becky said...

We put splenda in it and put it over apples, nuts and raisins. Yum. Your way sounds good too.